Sunday, March 22, 2009

Post - Spring Break

Spring Break = great :)

Got some good time in organizing, cleaning, and cooking.  Started some school work and went on some coffee dates.  Lockstep and I ventured on a mini trip to San Antonio with my parents, brother, and Texas State Representatives and staff last night.  We went to dinner at Acenar (planned for dinner at Pico de Gallo, but the wait time was 1.5 hours at 5:30 in the afternoon and we didn't have time).    Then we went to the Face2Face Elton John and Billy Joel concert.  Those guys are some truly talented musicians.  It was pretty awesome.




I had a coupled of failed baking adventures this week and a couple of successes.  Neither the shortbread or healthy/oatmeal banana bread turned out.  But I did make this yellow sheet cake from baking bites that turned out well.  I only made a half-recipe (so a mini-cake), and I used regular all-purpose flour (amount recipe calls for -minus- 2 tablespoons) in place of the cake flour. I also used skim milk.  I think it tastes kinda like pound cake (a light/air-y version).  It's pretty fun to just read through Baking Bites Recipe Index.  Like I've probably said before, I really like most of the recipes from here that I've tried. 

No comments: