Friday, March 06, 2009

Cooking - Neiman Marcus Cookies

Remember back a long time ago (Christmas) when I was talking about the Neiman Marcus cookies that Lockstep loves so much?  The recipe I've been using has been one that was in my Inbox as FlipperMb2 from like 1998.  A couple of weeks ago I was searching for cookie recipes and stumbled upon the NM cookie recipe online!   Here's the link in case you want to try them sometime.  I'd definitely recommend splitting the recipe in half.  I made the entire thing for taking to the Hensarling Christmas last year and it was entirely too many cookies.  When I was mixing up the cookies I didn't have the whole recipe - I just had the ingredients.  I should have recognized that it made a billion cookies, but I didn't.  This recipe link says that the whole recipe makes like 100 cookies.  Believe it.  


Recipe:  Neiman Marcus Cookies

From:  FlipperMb2 Inbox  and this link


Ingredients:
2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups oatmeal
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
(1) 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)


Directions:
-Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. 

-Cream the butter and both sugars. 

-Add eggs and Vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. 

-Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts. 

-Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. 

-Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. 

Yield: Makes 112 cookies
(Recipe may be halved)

No comments: