Thursday, February 12, 2009

MIA - Update

Hi!  I've been MIA on the blog scene since the move to Austin.  Things have been so busy.  I'm a full time graduate student and working.  I love my classes this semester, but I should have only taken 6 hours instead of 9.  I don't have enough time get get everything done!

School Related - 
The classes I'm taking this semester:
College Student Development - Leadership, Mentoring, and Training
Counseling - Skills and Techniques
Counseling - Multicultural Counseling and Diversity


Cooking Related -
Recently I made this pumpkin bread from Betty Crocker and it turned out pretty good. And, I made peanut butter cookies using this peanut butter cookie recipe from Cookie Madness, It was really easy and delicious (I loved looking through her "one bowl" cookie/brownie recipes).

I'll probably be making Snickerdoodles (haven't decided on a recipe, yet) and Apple Bread (that chunky apple cake recipe from Eat Better America.com) sometime this weekend. 

Austin Related -
Lockstep and I are loving Austin.  We go running almost daily at Clint Small Middle School. We go to Austin Stone for church on Sunday evenings.  Of course Maudie's breakfast tacos are a regular staple in our weekly routine as well.  


Ok, considering I have 3 big assignments due next week I should stop procrastinating and get busy.  Have a great weekend! 

1 comment:

In This Wonderful Life said...

Glad things are going good!! xoxo