Monday, December 22, 2008

Cooking - Cinnamon Rolls

Recipe:  Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
From:  The Pioneer Woman (cinnamon rolls); Betty Crocker (icing)



Photo credit:  Lockstep


Notes:  
This recipe - 
  • The recipe makes A LOT of cinnamon rolls.
  • I didn't prepare the maple frosting from The Pioneer Woman's recipe because Lockstep requested "regular icing."  Plus, neither of us is real big on maple-flavored stuff anyways. 
  • The dough is really sticky. 
  • You need a lot of extra flour and extra space to roll out the dough. 

This time - 
  • I prepared half of the recipe and still had 2 pans of cinnamon rolls.  
  • This was my first time working with live yeast.  (I've been hesitant to try anything that requires yeast or a lot of kneading.)   Now I know that it's really not hard to make things with yeast!  
  • The cinnamon rolls turned out delicious - Lockstep and I have been eating cinnamon rolls for days!
  • For the icing:  powdered sugar, skim milk, vanilla.  Whisk together (and add more powdered sugar or milk) until get the consistency desired. 
Next time -
  •  I'll only make 1/4 of the recipe (so only 1 pan of cinnamon rolls).
  • Keep practicing with the cinnamon rolls - rolling/slicing the dough and neatness with come with practice.  Practice makes perfect, right?! 

No comments: