Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Aunt Floy's Banana Bread

I will take this opportunity to plug my Aunt Floy's Banana Bread again.  I've made this recipe many times for many years, and my mom has been making this Banana Bread recipe for many more years than me!  So, here again is Aunt Floy's Banana Bread. 


Interested in a good banana bread recipe?


Photo loaf:




Photo close up:




Recipe: Banana Nut Bread

From: Floy (Floy Miner)-->Glenda Ballard-->Marlena Hensarling


Ingredients:

3 ripe bananas, mashed

1 cup sugar

1 stick oleo, melted and cooled  (I use margarine)

2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla

optional: 1/2 cup nuts, chopped  (Tip:  Put in ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin or something like it.)  (I don't always add nuts, only sometimes)



Directions:

-Add sugar to mashed bananas.  Mix.


-Add melted/cooled oleo to banana-sugar mixture. Mix.


-Add the flour/baking soda/vanilla to the banana mixture. Mix well.


-If using: Add nuts and mix.


-Pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes.  (Sometimes I only cook it for about 45 - 50 minutes for more moist bread) 


Yield: 1 loaf

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So I tried to use this recipe modified a bit... I substituted pumpkin puree for the banana and dried cranberries for the nuts. It turned out really dry. I felt like it needed an egg? Maybe bananas are just a lot more moist than pumpkin?

Lena said...

oooh great substitutions! the pumpkins and cranberry sound delicious. i'm sorry it turned out dry! :( that's no good. i'm not sure if it was the moistness of the pumpkin vs banana bc pumpkin seems to be really moist, too. maybe it's the cooking time? i really don't cook this bread for a full hour.. more like only about 45 minutes. thanks for trying the recipe...sorry it wasn't the best!