Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Cooking

I've mainly been working/cooking out of cookbooks lately.  As a beginning cook, I value the additional information provided in the cookbook.  Plus I just felt like the recipes on the blogs and websites that I'd been reading and trying were not as tried-and-true.   I'll continue working out of cookbooks for now.  I'm liking Betty Crocker, Bridal Edition and Mark Bittman, How to Cook Everything.  

After saying all of that.... I wanted to post a link to a website that looks to have potential.  I've only tried the Orange-Spiced Tea a while back (like last winter), but then forgot to check back on the site for more recipes.  The Orange-Spiced Tea is wonderful.  I love it! I make it pretty often in the colder months.  The ingredients listed in several of the recipes on SkinnyChef.com. look really good to me - our style of cooking (using skim milk, skim or 2% cheese, whole wheat, lean meats, etc).  Check out the modified versions of Scalloped Potatoes and Mac n Cheese.   Happy reading and recipe hunting! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved reading Skinny chef! Thanks for the great find. Also - cute Christmas card!